15 November, 2009

Our Thoughts Build Our Character

By J. R. Miller, "The Lesson of Love" 1903

"When, on my bed, I think of You, I meditate on You during the night watches." Psalm 63:6

It is a law of life--that our thoughts build our character.  If we meditate on the purity, the holiness, the goodness, the love, the righteousness, of Christ--these qualities will print themselves upon our own hearts.
Paul has given us an infallible direction for the best spiritual culture.
"Whatever is true,
whatever is noble,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable--
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--
think about such things!" Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouraging word. When I look at my life and what I fill it with I find I am lacking in these things. If anything is excellent or praiseworthy think on these things.. as I look to fill my life.. will I fill it worthy and true things or things without worth, untrue, not pure, and not lovely? I have choices to make...

    ReplyDelete